Ohio State nav bar

Non-OSU Students

Instructions for non-OSU students attending our field camp

To be eligible for OSU’s field camp you need to have completed a course in 1) mineralogy, 2) petrology, and 3) structural geology. To determine if you are eligible to attend our field camp, we require the following materials be sent to Dr. Cristina Millan by January 30th of the current year.

  1. Syllabi for your mineralogy, petrology, and structural courses. Please indicate if you are in the process of completing one or more of the prerequisite classes.
  2. Official transcripts from your university.
  3. The name and email of your undergraduate geology advisor AND your structural geology professor. We will contact one of them directly to request a recommendation letter.

After reviewing all these documents, Dr. Millan will let you know if you are cleared to apply to Ohio State University as an extended education student.

If you are not currently enrolled at The Ohio State University (OSU), you must attend OSU as an extended education student (non-degree seeking). Determine your eligibility and apply to OSU through the Office of Technology and Digital Innovation.

Follow the 'after admissions' instructions for extended education students and register for the field camp course (EARTHSC 5189.01 and EARTHSC 5189.02) by calling or emailing an extended education advisor.

To determine if you’ll qualify for in-state tuition, take the residency questionnaire from the residency section of the registrar's website.

Questions about the tuition and fees for the coursework are based on the student's residence; these tables can be found on the registrar’s website.

Be sure to pay tuition and fees for this course by university deadlines.

All expenses incurred while in Utah during field camp (room & board, camping meals, etc.) will be paid separately to the School of Earth Sciences via check. An estimate of other costs for the program is outlined here. You will receive information on when and how to make these payments once you formally register for the class.

Order your transcript to be sent back to your school. The registrar's website shows instructions on how to order a transcript.