Students stay at shared apartments in Ephraim, Utah. Four field trips involve overnight camping.
The University provides vehicles for transportation in the field and all course-related activities from our Ephraim base in Utah. Transportation from Columbus to field camp will be offered to students who accompany the School of Earth Sciences vans to Utah and back.
Expenses for field camp are subsidized by the School of Earth Sciences to make field camp affordable for all Ohio State students.
- Transportation in Utah and, sometimes, to Utah and back to Columbus is provided.
- The School of Earth Sciences awards scholarships to any Ohio State student with a strong academic record.
- The School of Earth Sciences makes financial need awards to Ohio State students who require additional financial aid to participate.
Expenses are expected to be approximately as follows:
- Tuition & fees (6 credit hours): $1,719*
- Summer instructional fee: $70
- Living expenses (for all 6 weeks):
- Apartment deposit: $150***
- Lodging: $230
- Catered meals: $450**
- Breakfast, lunch, & weekend meals: $250 – $300
- Camping meals: $50 – $60
*Out-of-state student tuition and fees: click here.
**Catered meals consist of dinner Monday-Friday.
***The apartment deposit will be refundable upon completing the summer course, provided no damage has occurred.
NOTE: All students MUST have health insurance – either Ohio State comprehensive student health or documentation of coverage by another policy.